Is your church helping people serve? Do you know of a church that is?Tell us about it hereso we can share its story on this site.
- Asset Mapping -- a way to discover gifts and empower people to serve
Volunteer Event profiles
- How Does a Garden Grow?
- Two Presentations used by an Equipping Team in a congregational leadership training setting; "What is a Church?" and "How NOT to Invite Someone into Ministry"
- "Building a Family" -- A ministry that uses people's talents to create community
- A Smokin' Ministry Fair
- Smiles at St. Peter -- a simple way to showcase volunteers in a positive way
- Ministry Fair -- Getting Connected
- God Knits a Plan by Susan Olson. When we help people serve, we're part of God's plan.
- A Modern Parable of the Talents -- a special use of time and talent at St. John's Presbyterian in Camas, Washington
- "Lessons of a Book Bee" from a volunteer who involves many volunteers in large, one-day events.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, Macomb, Michigan -- A Culture of Serving
- St. Peter Lutheran Church, Arlington Heights, Illinois
- Inviting EVERYONE to Serve - a congregation-wide invitation and follow-up
- Sample: Ministry Commitment form -- for inviting everyone to serve
- Beginning the Journey of equipping people to serve
- Christmas Gifts -- appreciating the gifts of new members
- Helping New Members Serve -- the benefits of personal help
- How to Help New Members Serve -- a practical and proven strategy
- Four session Bible Study: Called to Serve
- Lord, What are You Calling Me to Do? -- worksheet
- Sharing My Gifts, a gifts inventory
- Protecting People and Ministry
- Screening Volunteers
- The Church has Left the Building
- How I Learned to Look Outward
- Going to the Dogs
- Mapping the Church
- Our Father Lutheran Church, Centennial, Colorado
- Cross Lutheran Church, Yorkville, Illinois, emphasizes discipleship--faith in action--rather than membership.
Submit a Profile
Nominate a church. Is your church working at equipping its people to serve? If so, are you willing to share your story--the successes, the challenges, the yet-to-be-tackled? A collection of profiles on this site from a variety of churches, large and small, at various stages of the journey, will:
- provide ideas and models for other churches
- demonstrate the variety of ways in which churches can equip members
- provide places to ask questions and get answers
- encourage others in difficult times
Help us add to the profiles on this site. Nominate a church. Submitted info will be confirmed before posting.