A presentation tool kit for improving church volunteerism health
The toolkit includes two PowerPoint presentations with supporting tools for enabling your church to create job descriptions for all volunteer positions. Job descriptions are an important part of healthy church volunteerism and equipping people to serve.
Cost: $8.00. Click here to purchase.
See sample slides from the presentations.
Contents of the “Job Descriptions” presentation tool kit:
- Two PowerPoint presentations, each about 5 minutes in length.
- “Why Write Job Descriptions?” discusses the value of job descriptions and how they help both the volunteer and the church. See sample slides.
- “How to Do Job Descriptions” covers what’s in a job description, who writes them and what to do with them. It also notes some problems that might be uncovered through the process of writing job descriptions. See sample slides.
- A printed script (in PDF format) for each presentation. The presenter needs to use this script, or their own adaptation, with the presentation.
- A handout (in PDF format) for each presentation. For local printing as a take-home piece for those who view the presentation, it includes a summary of the presentation, questions for further thought, and suggested resources for further exploration of the topic.
- A blank job description form, and a sample job description.
- A Leader’s Guide (in PDF format) with details on using the materials; more detailed information on the topic; discussion questions; some suggested activities to use after the presentation to reinforce the topic; a summary of the equipping principles on which the entire package is based; and a list of other resources available.
Suggested uses for the “Job Descriptions” presentation tool kit:
- For pastor, key leader or equipping team to gain a brief yet comprehensive overview of the subject
- For educating other leadership groups: committees, boards, teams
- For training the volunteers who will carry out specific tasks
- For informing, encouraging and motivating large groups of congregational members
- Those who don’t have a background in these subjects will receive a succinct grounding
- Those with or without background knowledge will have a tool for easily educating and training others
- You must have the program Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 on your computer in order to view or project the presentations.
- This product is provided via download. Although downloading via a dial-up connection might work, a broadband internet connection is recommended.
- The presentation is copyright and the purchased presentation tool kit is for use only in the purchaser’s congregation.
Also available for purchase: “Training Volunteers” presentation tool kit
Presentation tool kits planned for future production:
- Making the Match – Interviewing & placing people
- Recruitment: Extending an Invitation
- Info Central – record-keeping; communication
- Supported for Success – Supervising, Affirming, Evaluating
- Problem Volunteers – Handling conflict and problems
- The Foundation: What the Bible says; equipping principles
- Pastor and People – the role of each in ministry & how they relate in ministry
- Educating for Ministry — how/what to teach the congregation
Cost for the “Job Descriptions” presentation tool kit: $8.00. Click here to purchase.